NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia ACN 004 274 588, which will be held;
Beginning 10am – Saturday 15th June 2019
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia
Head Office – 6 Prentice Street,
Bankstown Airport NSW 2198 Australia.
AGM NOTICE – 30 DAY TIMELINE
- Notice of Annual General Meeting 2019 – 4pm Friday 10th May 2019
- Call for Directors Nominations – 4pm Friday 10th May 2019
- Publishing of Audited Financial Reports for 2018 – 4pm Friday 24th May 2019
- Submission of Directors Nominations – 5pm Thursday 23rd May 2019
- Publishing of Directors Nominations – 5pm Friday 24th May 2019
- Publishing of Postal & Email Ballots – 5pm Friday 24th May 2019
- Postal & Email Proxy Form Submissions – 10am Thursday 6th June 2019
- Postal and Email Ballot Submissions – 10am Friday 7th June 2019
- Annual General Meeting – 10am Saturday 15th June 2019
- Confirmation of Minutes of the AGM held at Bankstown on Saturday 26th May 2018
- Presidents Report
- Presentation of the Financial Statements
- Appointment of the Auditor
- Election Results and Appointment of Directors
- General Business
- Close of AGM
DIRECTORS STANDING FOR RE-ELECTION
There are five (5) honorary Directors positions up for election at the 2019 Annual General Meeting;
- Aminta Hennessy
- Marc De Stoop
- Dominic James
- Benjamin Morgan
- Michael Smith
Directors Not Standing for Re-Election
1. John Glynn
DIRECTORS NOMINATIONS RECEIVED
1. Mr John Maitland, Aviation Lawyer
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING DOWNLOADS
- AOPA Australia Articles of Association – Click to Download
- Directors Nomination Form – Click to Download
- Proxy Form – Click to download
- Postal & Email Ballot Form – Available from 10am Friday 7th June 2019
AUDITED FINANCIAL REPORTS 2019
- Audited Financial Reports 2019 – Click to Download
POST AGM MEMBERSHIP ACTIVITIES
- Informal AOPA Australia 2019/20 Strategy Presentation
- Open Membership Q&A Session
- Afternoon BBQ Lunch & Members Drinks
*Please note that only motions relating to matters listed on this Notice of Meeting may be considered at this meeting.
*Members are reminded that they are entitled to appoint a proxy or proxies. Forms are available from the office. All proxies must be received at the AOPA Australia office no later than 10am Thursday 6th June 2019.
AOPA AUSTRALIA AGM 2019
DIRECTOR ELECTION RULES & TIMETABLE
- All nominations and voting are in accordance with the AOPA Australia Articles of Association.
- Nominations have been called to fill five (5) vacant honorary Director positions on the AOPA Australia Board with submissions closing at 5pm (AEST) Thursday 23rd May 2019.
- A Nominee must be an ordinary paid up financial member of AOPA Australia for two consequtive years at the time of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be eligible to stand for election and to vote.
- A Nominee seeking election needs to provide their nomination, a profile of no more than 250 words explaining their background and why they believe they are suitable to hold office as a Director of AOPA Australia – along with a recent passport style photograph. This information will be reproduced on the AOPA Australia website.
- To be valid, a nominee needs to be supported by a nominator and seconder who are paid up ordinary financial members of AOPA Australia. Documented and signed using the official Directors Nomination Form.
- All nominations received will be published on the AOPA Australia website and by email newsletter to all AOPA Australia members on 5pm Friday 24th May 2019.
- Each financial member of AOPA Australia, be they an individual or an organisation, is entitled to one vote only. Non-natural persons must appoint a proxy to exercise voting rights. Such a proxy may or may not also be a voting member in his or her own right.
- Available voting methods are detailed below;
- Ordinary Postal Ballot must include a member’s name, member number and signature in the space provided on the official ballot paper. Postal votes must be received by the Returning Officer by close of voting at 10am (AEST) on Friday 7th June 2019 – PO Box 26 Georges Hall NSW 2198, Australia.
- Email Ballot papers must include the voting member’s name and members number along with a scanned copy of the official ballot paper. Email ballots must be received by the Returning Officer no later than 10am (AEST) on Friday 7th June 2019. Email Ballots are to be submitted to email@example.com. An email confirmation of receipt of vote will be provided on receipt.
- Appointment of Proxy, to appoint the Meeting Chairman or any other ordinary paid up financial member of AOPA Australia as your proxy, please complete the official proxy form and submit to the Returning Officer no later than close of voting at 5pm (AEST) on Thursday 25th May 2017.
- It is not a Preferential Ballot. Numbering the ballot paper in a preferred candidate order is acceptable but only if the required number or less to fill the vacancies are so recorded. Therefore, numbering your preferred candidates will have the same effect as marking with a cross or a tick.
- Should more than one vote from a member be received, by whatever method described above, only the first vote will be counted as valid. Once received at the Returning Officer’s office, a vote cannot be withdrawn or replaced with another vote, so please consider your vote carefully.
- Official Directors Nomination Forms, Proxy Forms and Ballot Papers will be the only voting documents accepted and can be downloaded from the AOPA Australia website. The official forms are also be available from the AOPA Australia Head Office – call (02) 9791 9099 for more information.
- Election results will be announced at the Annual General Meeting, Saturday 15th June 2019.
- The Returning Officer shall conduct the election and make all necessary final determinations as to the conduct of the election.