Tuesday, 12th March 2019; The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia is excited to announce a new partnership between Skyfuel Australia and the AOPA Australia Junior Pilots program.
Skyfuel Australia has made a two year commitment to fund fuel for AOPA Australia’s Junior Pilots’ First Flight Experiences, in which experienced Pilot Mentors will introduce youth to light aircraft and their first flight onboard an AOPA Australia branded Cessna 150/152. First Flight Experiences will be captured on high-definition 4k video and uploaded to social media, where youth will be encouraged to share with friends and family.
Rob Mangan Managing Director of Skyfuel Australia said, “Getting kids involved in general aviation is incredibly important for our future. As an AOPA member and national aviation fuel provider, we are incredibly proud to be supporting the Junior Pilots program and excited to be joining a growing list of key sponsors getting behind the initiative.”
AOPA Australia Executive Director Ben Morgan said, “Our association is indebted to Skyfuel Australia and specifically Rob Mangan who both share our determination to see broad participation in general aviation reignited nationwide; their sponsorship of our Junior Pilots program is a fantastic endorsement and demonstration of the generosity of AOPA Australia members.
“We are all looking forward to launching our Junior Pilots First Flight Experiences this year, and are proud to be displaying the Skyfuel Australia branding on our aircraft, our Members’ Coach, website and marketing materials. I encourage all AOPA members to consider fuelling from Skyfuel facilities in support of Rob Mangan and the Skyfuel Australia team.”
AOPA Australia launched its Junior Pilots Program in 2018 as an initiative to help cultivate interest and participation in general aviation, while communicating the association’s mission and message, through Digital Flight Simulation activites, First Flight Experiences and Pilot Mentoring.
The program is sponsored by the following organisation;
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia (AOPA Australia)
- Sport Aircraft Association of Australia (SAAA)
- Gliding Federation of Australia (GFA)
- Aircraft Maintenance Overhaul Business Association of Australia (AMROBA)
- Hang Gliding Federation of Australia (HGFA)
FIRST FLIGHT EXPERIENCE SPONSORS
- Skyfuel Australia
- Muskridge Aviation Services
- Cessna 182 Association of Australia
- International Comanche Society Australia
- Australian Beechcraft Society
- Australian Piper Society
- Mr Dick Smith – Sponsorship to Acquire the Members Coach
- Mr Peter Clisdell – Diesel Fuel Fund Sponsorship
- Orange Aero Engineering – Aircraft Maintenance & Painting Services
To learn more and to become a sponsor, visit https://aopa.com.au/junior-pilots-program/
Executive Director – AOPA Australia
Mobile: 0415 577 724
Managing Director – Skyfuel Australia
Mobile:0418 862 100