The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia is excited to announce a partnership for general aviation promotion with Paul Bennett Airshows in support of the Hunter Valley Airshow, taking place at Cessnock Airport 6th and 7th April 2019.
Tickets to the Hunter Valley Airshow are just $34 per person – BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW
“AOPA Australia and our Key Partners are excited to be supporting the team from Paul Bennett Airshows and their Hunter Valley Airshow event in 2019. Through the invaluable support of our Junior Pilot’s key partners, we will showcase the diversity of general aviation, along with providing powerful interactive hands-on experiences for participants of all ages,” said Executive Director Benjamin Morgan.
“This year we will also introduce two new and exciting additions for Junior Pilots at the Hunter Valley Airshow; Our new state of the art Virtual Reality Pilot Experience, which provides participants with an incredibly immersive flight simulation experience unlike any other – enabling them to fly everything from a sailplane to a fast-jet. And, our new Drone Zone RPAS Flight Centre, where groups of up to six at a time can get hands-on flying drones during the airshow event.”
“2019 is going to be an exciting year for both AOPA Australia and our partners and we’re looking forward to connecting with everyone at the Hunter Valley Airshow”.
AOPA Australia Junior Pilots is a joint industry educational and promotion program supported by the following key sponsors;
– Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia
– Sport Aircraft Association of Australia
– Gliding Federation of Australia
– Hang Gliding Federation of Australia
– Aircraft Maintenance Repair Overhaul Business Association
– Cessna 182 Association of Australia
– Muskridge Aviation
– Aviation Advertiser
ACTIVITIES, SEMINARS, SIMULATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
AOPA Australia Members Coach, Lounge and Pilot Bar
Aircraft owners and pilots of all types are invited to introduce themselves at the Hunter Valley Airshow. Our team will be on hand to answer questions and to provide updates on a wide variety of aviation topics. Come enjoy the atmosphere, catch up with friends and be part of the action.
Static Aircraft Displays and In-Cockpit Experiences
During the two day Hunter Valley Airshow, we will have a range of recreational, sport-experimental, general aviation, gliders/sailplanes and hang gliders on display. Come take a look at the exciting variety that is Australian general aviation. A number of aircraft will be available for you to sit in, with pilot mentors on hand to help make your experience memorable.
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Seminars
During the two day Hunter Valley Airshow, we will be hosting a range of short informative seminars, designed to help participants getting started in aviation. if you would like to learn more about recreational, sport-experimental aviation, general aviation, gliding or hang-gliding, our seminars are a great place to start. Seminars are FREE and run for 15 minutes each session, and include;
– Rusty Pilots: Getting Back into Aviation
– Introduction to Careers in Aviation
– Starting your Flying Training: Tips and Tricks on How to Succeed
– Introduction to Sport/Experimental Aircraft Building & Flying
– Introduction to Gliding
– Introduction to Hang-Gliding
NEW Virtual Reality (VR) Pilot Experience!
During the two day Hunter Valley Airshow, you can get hands on flying our new state-of-the-art Virtual Reality (VR) Flight Simulator. Find yourself fully immersed in one of the most exciting flight simulation systems available today. Experience all the fun and adrenalin as you explore your freedom to fly. VR Experiences are $20 per person and run for 10 minutes per session. Experiences include;
– VR Sailplane Experience: Cable Launch your saiplane and soar the Swiss Alps
– VR Recreational Experience: Get behind the controls of a range of RAAus aircraft types
– VR General Aviation Experience: Take the controls of popular General Aviation Certifies Types
– VR Aerobatic Experience: Fly the Pitts Special like Paul Bennett and give an aerobatics performance like no other
– VR Sport/Experimental Experience: Experince the excitement and fun of flying popular sport/experimental types
– VR Helicopter Experience: Lift off, hover and tour a capital city, landing on a skyscraper Helipad
– VR Fast Jet Military Fighter Experience: Ignite your RAAF Career and master the FA/18 Hornet
Junior Pilots Flight Simulators
During the two day Hunter Valley Airshow, participants of all ages are invited to get hands-on with our line-up of FREE-to-use flight simulators. Grab the controls and put your skills to the test, as our team of mentors help guide you through the basics of flights and aircraft control.
NEW Drone Zone (RPAS) Flying Centre
During the two day Hunter Valley Airshow, you can get hands-on with our NEW Drone Zone (RPAS) Flight Centre. Here you can learn all about the exciting world of drones and participate in structured interactive workshops that has participants hands on and flying the latest generation of DJI drones. Learn about the importance of drone safety, along with how to take-off and control your drone as you fly through our exciting Drone Zone RPAS Flight Centre training course. Hands-on interactive drone flying experiences run for 30 minutes are are $20 per person and are run in groups of six (6).